Happy Mouth Copper Roller Bradoon
New Happy Mouth Copper Roller Bradoon. Pure copper is a soft, warm metal. By using copper in the centre of the mouthpiece and combining a soft plastic mouthpiece bit acceptance is improved. The taste of copper encourages horses to salivate and keep a moist mouth having a very positive effect by promoting relaxation and softening
Roller Mouth Piece
It has 2 joints, which means the pressure of the bit is distributed over both the tongue and bars of the mouth. Because the mouthpiece has two joints, it shouldnt cause any interference with the roof of the mouth. The roller uses tongue pressure to encourage the horse to go on the bit and lower the head, it has bar and lip pressure but not a squeezing action like that of a bit with a single joint. The more joints a bit has the less likely the horse is to lean as the bit becomes more mobile. The roller also encourages mouthing and acceptance as the horse can play with the roller and be kept content.
The History of the happy mouth bit
The Description on the Happy Mouth Bit by E Jeffries is as follows:
1. As everybody knows, most horses dislike having the bit forced into the mouth, particularly metal and stainless steel bits which are cold and hard and not welcoming, therefore horses often show a great deal of resistance. From this we recognized that there was a potential demand for a bit that was both COMFORTABLE and PLEASURABLE for the horse, and which any horse would instantly accept.
2. All horses have very different characters and breeding, therefore a bit has to be suitable for all types. It is important for bit to vary in shape, in thickness and in hardness, in order to adapt to any horse, regardless of breed age or temperament.
3. Due to advance technology modern scientists have developed an “Engineering or “SPACE AGE plastic, to be used in a variety of industries. We have chosen the most DURABLE, NON TOXIC, FLEXIBLE, and LONG LASTING polyurethane plastic for our HAPPY MOUTH BIT, which proves a nice, SOFT, GENTLE touch to the horses mouth.
4. One unique characteristic of this revolutionary bit is the apple flavour, which has been added to the plasic; as we have discovered many horses instantly recognise this flavour, and hence readily accept the bit without resistance.
This has been illustrated in various countries over the last 10 years by an increase in the usage of the HAPPY MOUTH BIT, proving the overwhelming success of the idea.
5. Consequently, the increase in demand for the HAPPY MOUTH BIT is evidence enough that it has become widely accepted by both the customer and more importantly the horse which translates to us as complete satisfaction. A happy horse is one that uses the HAPPY MOUTH BIT.
Instructions For Use
This product has a flexible mouth, which by its very nature, is more easily damaged than metal.
It is most important that the bit is of the correct size and that it lies central in the horses mouth.
Teeth marks on the bit may indicate that the horses mouth is in need of attention. All bits should be checked on a regular basis and on no account should a damaged bit be allowed to continue in use.