Fager Eric is recommended if you would describe your horse as the following:
- Has sensitive bars and tongue.
- Is fussy in the mouth and overreacts to pressure.
- Has a conformationally small mouth and tongue, smaller than the average horse.
- Easily develops cuts, rubs and sores on the bars/corners of the mouth.
- Falls behind the contact in other Weymouth bits.
Eric’s mouthpiece is a comfortable, low-ported Weymouth bit manufactured in grey Sweet Iron. Sweet Iron encourages a young or unbalanced horse to accept the bit and carry themselves correctly.
Eric is a very stable mouthpiece providing the perfect choice for introducing a double bridle for the first time as the conformation allows more space for the Bridoon.
The chain is important to disperse the pressure more evenly between the mouth, poll and chin.
Hooks and chain are included.
Together with Fager’s titanium bridoon, this set weighs around 400 grams(!) less than a regular double bridle.
The port is bent with a 45degree angle over the tongue. This will give the tongue more freedom and encouraging the horse to be forward and work into the contact.
|Width||115 mm / 4½”||125 mm / 5”||135 mm / 5¼”||145mm / 5¾”|
|Thickness||14 mm||14 mm||14 mm||14 mm|
|Lower shank||50 mm/70 mm||50 mm/70 mm||50 mm/70 mm||50 mm/70 mm|
|Weight||~165 g||~175 g||~185 g||~195 g|
Normal in size, if you are between two sizes then choose the larger one.