Happy Mouth Contour Eggbutt with Double Joint Roller
NEW for 2014 from the happy mouth range comes a revolutioniary new design to provide comfort and improve control.The contour bit is molded and shaped to fit the configuration of the equine mouth. The double joint reduces physical pressure on the horse and increased surface contact area of the bit against the most sensitive part of the horse results in far better control.
The eggbutt is a fixed cheek bit, this may be useful for horses that are a bit unsure of the bit as it doesn’t move around to much in the mouth, it should encourage the horse to stretch into the contact. An eggbutt bit would be less suitable if your horse is prone to leaning or taking hold of the bit
The History of the happy mouth bit
The Description on the Happy Mouth Bit is as follows:
1. As everybody knows, most horses dislike having the bit forced into the mouth, particularly metal and stainless steel bits which are cold and hard and not welcoming, therefore horses often show a great deal of resistance. From this we recognized that there was a potential demand for a bit that was both COMFORTABLE and PLEASURABLE for the horse, and which any horse would instantly accept.
2. All horses have very different characters and breeding, therefore a bit has to be suitable for all types. It is important for bit to vary in shape, in thickness and in hardness, in order to adapt to any horse, regardless of breed age or temperament.
3. Due to advance technology modern scientists have developed an “Engineering” or “SPACE AGE” plastic, to be used in a variety of industries. We have chosen the most DURABLE, NON – TOXIC, FLEXIBLE, and LONG LASTING polyurethane plastic for our HAPPY MOUTH BIT, which proves a nice, SOFT, GENTLE touch to the horses mouth.
4. One unique characteristic of this revolutionary bit is the apple flavour, which has been added to the plasic; as we have discovered many horses instantly recognise this flavour, and hence readily accept the bit without resistance.
This has been illustrated in various countries over the last 10 years by an increase in the usage of the HAPPY MOUTH BIT, proving the overwhelming success of the idea.
5. Consequently, the increase in demand for the HAPPY MOUTH BIT is evidence enough that it has become widely accepted by both the customer and more importantly the horse – which translates to us as complete satisfaction.
A happy horse is one that uses the HAPPY MOUTH BIT.
Instructions For Use
This product has a flexible mouth, which by its very nature, is more easily damaged than metal.
It is most important that the bit is of the correct size and that it lies central in the horses mouth.
Teeth marks on the bit may indicate that the horses mouth is in need of attention.
All bits should be checked on a regular basis and on no account should a damaged bit be allowed to continue in use.