Sprenger KK Ultra – Universal 3 Ring Gag – Stainless Steel Rings
- KK-ULTRA Bits take advantage of the exceptional sensitivity of the tongue.
- Adapted to the anatomy of the horse’s mouth.
- No pressure put on the palate.
- Clear instructions given as the tongue’s sense of touch is utilised.
Universal Gag Cheek Rein Options:
About the KK Ultra Mouthpiece
The KK ULTRA bits take
advantage of the exceptional sensitivity of the tongue. Did you know
that because the tongue is extremely sensitive it multiplies perceptions
in this area dramatically?
You might also recognize the feeling if the human tongue finds a
little how in the tooth it gives the impression there is a huge gap. A
horses tongue works in much the same way, whilst eating it can filter
out small stones from the food. In collaboration with SPRENGER, the
Veterinary University in Hanover started a new project. They examined
more that 70 horses heads and used various methods to take
The analysis of this information produced unexpected results:
- The interior of the volume of the mouth was less than had been previously thought
- The palate was both smaller and very often flatter than previously imagined
- The space left for a bit is therefore very limited
SPRENGER used this new information for the development of the KK ULTRA. The aim was to improve the bits bit not make them too
How can the sense of touch be stimulated to obtain the desired effect?
- As the palate is narrower than originally assumed the lozenge in the centre was shortened (no pressure on the palate).
- The angle of the link was turned at 45. This ensures that when the
reins are pulled the rounded link rests fully in the tongue without
- The tongues sense of touch is utilised and clear instructions are given through the reins.
Make sure the bit is fitted correctly in the mouth. The arrow must always be on the left hand side pointing forwards.