Sprenger Hubertus Schmidt Weymouth Dressage Deluxe Sensogan – 7cm Shank (Slight Port)
Weymouth with a slight port that offers space for the tongue without squeezing the sensitive palate.
The mouthpiece curves around the tongue in a smooth bow.
A good choice for horses that have issues with the contact.
KK Conrad ULTRA Mouthpiece
The KK Conrad ULTRA bits take advantage of the exceptional sensitivity of the tongue. Did you know that because the tongue is extremely sensitive it multiplies perceptions in this area dramatically?
You might also recognize the feeling if the human tongue finds a little how in the tooth it gives the impression there is a huge gap. A horses tongue works in much the same way, whilst eating it can filter out small stones from the food. In collaboration with SPRENGER, the Veterinary University in Hanover started a new project. They examined more that 70 horses heads and used various methods to take measurements.
The analysis of this information produced unexpected results:
- The interior of the volume of the mouth was less than had been previously thought
- The palate was both smaller and very often flatter than previously imagined
- The space left for a bit is therefore very limited
SPRENGER used this new information for the development of the new KK Conrad ULTRA. The aim was to improve the bits bit not make them too severe.
How can the sense of touch be stimulated to obtain the desired effect?
1. As the palate is narrower than originally assumed the lozenge in the centre was shortened (no pressure on the palate).
2. The angle of the link was turned at 45. This ensures that when the reins are pulled the rounded link rests fully in the tongue without squeezing it.
3. The tongues sense of touch is utilised and clear instructions are given through the reins.
Make sure the bit is fitted correctly in the mouth. The arrow must always be on the left hand side pointing forwards.