Turtle Top with Flex
Anatomy-inspired double jointed bit design with enhanced mouthpiece
stability, through optimised alignment of the mouthpiece surfaces to the
tongue and palate.
The Neue Schule Flex design concept delivers a guaranteed and well
controlled co-alignment of the surfaces of the mouthpiece with the
sensitive surfaces of the equine mouth. For most designs Flex delivers
parallel co-alignment of the Turtle Top dome with the equine palate.
In selected designs we allow Flex to deliver some firm but fair
additional pressure to the tongue and poll using a lever action-induced
rotation of the mouthpiece. The extra pressure obtainable is carefully
restricted with Flex limiting the range of additional rotation to around
FlexZ is a development of our popular Tranz range (hence the “Z).
Gently curved cannons form a wide arch aligned over the tongue and held
in shape by Turtle Top. FlexZ is therefore more securely centred on the tongue and more resistant to being pulled through the mouth.
The Beval ring gives rein and cheekpiece attachment options in a neat
package but whatever option you choose the mouthpiece remains in
constant relative alignment to the tongue. The flattened underside of
the FlexZ cannons with their anatomy-inspired recesses are
held parallel to the tongue whatever riding activity you enjoy and for
whatever rein tension you employ.
This innovation is brilliant for the over-active busy mouth that chomps and chews on the mouthpiece. Turtle TopTM
with Flex keeps the mouthpiece centred and arched over the tongue at
all times, safely helping to prevent sideways tongue evasions. This
comfortable mouthpiece re-focuses the inattentive mouth back onto the
rein aids in order to achieve a soft consistent contact.
Delivering mild poll pressure combined with anatomical engineering
this bit helps the horse that has difficulty flexing itself and rounding
over the bit in order to achieve a true and correct outline as well as
providing extra control when needed.
XXL – 158-168mm (6.2″ – 6.6″)
Get The Turtle Top Advantage
A Revolutionary Design;
The unique and innovative Turtle Top TM bit has been designed to help quieten and focus the over-active and busy mouth. The revolutionary Turtle Top TM prevents the horse from lifting the side arms, or “cannons, of the bit through its inspired joint design that locks the upward flexion of the cannons. The resulting stability of the bit in the mouth allows the rider to give clearer rein aids and provides the horse with fewer distractions.
The Turtle TopTM naturally sits further back in the mouth;
- Negating the temptation to over-tighten the cheek pieces.
- Improved bit positioning delivers greater clarity through the rein aids
- Eliminates extra pressure in the corners of the mouth and poll.
The upper surface of the central link matches the anatomy of the Equine Upper Palate by being gently curved and widened;
- The central link fits neatly under the palatine arch and restricts upward movement of the cannons
- The central link cannot strike up into the upper palate. This reduces the likelihood of the horse opening its mouth through discomfort,
- Reduces the need for a flash noseband or other restraint.
The Turtle TopTM Link holds the bit in an arc over the tongue helping to locate and maintain it in the most effective place.
- Restricted upward cannon movement discourages mouth over-activity,
- Helps to prevent sideways movement of the tongue,
- Allows the mouthpiece to sit centrally arched over the tongue.
The cannons have a unique flattened underside and horizontally positioned loops;
- Provides a naturally large weight bearing surface,
- Feel and responsiveness are enhanced,
- Encourages horses to flex and round over the bit in to a more correct outline,
- Allows comfortable, low tongue pressure,
- Takes up less room in the horses mouth than a thicker bit.