Turtle Top with Flex
Anatomy-inspired double jointed bit design with enhanced mouthpiece
stability, through optimised alignment of the mouthpiece surfaces to the
tongue and palate.
The Neue Schule Flex design concept delivers a guaranteed and well
controlled co-alignment of the surfaces of the mouthpiece with the
sensitive surfaces of the equine mouth. For most designs Flex delivers
parallel co-alignment of the Turtle Top dome with the equine palate.
In selected designs we allow Flex to deliver some firm but fair
additional pressure to the tongue and poll using a lever action-induced
rotation of the mouthpiece. The extra pressure obtainable is carefully
restricted with Flex limiting the range of additional rotation to around
FlexZ is a development of our popular Tranz range (hence the “Z).
Gently curved cannons form a wide arch aligned over the tongue and held
in shape by Turtle Top. FlexZ is therefore more securely centred on the tongue and more resistant to being pulled through the mouth.
An innovative lightweight, elegant cheek design very popular in the
show ring incorporating the Turtle Top with Flex mouthpiece. This Pelham
is designed to be comfortable promoting a rounder outline whilst also
encouraging more freedom through the shoulder. Often sourced for control
and self-carriage, this Pelham usually gives more feel and response as
opposed to a standard solid mouthpiece that often results in fixing and
blocking, culminating in a wooden feel.
This innovation is brilliant for the overactive busy mouth that
chomps and chews on the mouthpiece. Turtle Top with Flex keeps the
mouthpiece centred and arched over the tongue at all times, safely
helping to prevent sideways tongue evasions. This comfortable mouthpiece
re-focuses the inattentive mouth back onto the rein aids in order to
achieve a soft consistent contact.
XXL – 158-168mm (6.2″ – 6.6″)
Get The Turtle Top Advantage
A Revolutionary Design;
The unique and innovative Turtle Top TM bit has been designed to help quieten and focus the over-active and busy mouth. The revolutionary Turtle Top TM prevents the horse from lifting the side arms, or “cannons, of the bit through its inspired joint design that locks the upward flexion of the cannons. The resulting stability of the bit in the mouth allows the rider to give clearer rein aids and provides the horse with fewer distractions.
The Turtle TopTM naturally sits further back in the mouth;
- Negating the temptation to over-tighten the cheek pieces.
- Improved bit positioning delivers greater clarity through the rein aids
- Eliminates extra pressure in the corners of the mouth and poll.
The upper surface of the central link matches the anatomy of the Equine Upper Palate by being gently curved and widened;
- The central link fits neatly under the palatine arch and restricts upward movement of the cannons
- The central link cannot strike up into the upper palate. This reduces the likelihood of the horse opening its mouth through discomfort,
- Reduces the need for a flash noseband or other restraint.
The Turtle TopTM Link holds the bit in an arc over the tongue helping to locate and maintain it in the most effective place.
- Restricted upward cannon movement discourages mouth over-activity,
- Helps to prevent sideways movement of the tongue,
- Allows the mouthpiece to sit centrally arched over the tongue.
The cannons have a unique flattened underside and horizontally positioned loops;
- Provides a naturally large weight bearing surface,
- Feel and responsiveness are enhanced,
- Encourages horses to flex and round over the bit in to a more correct outline,
- Allows comfortable, low tongue pressure,
- Takes up less room in the horses mouth than a thicker bit.